Tips on taking Nutritist Refluxly
We've received numerous emails asking about the best way to take Refluxly. First, please read the instructions on the label. When taken properly, Refluxly is the best supplement for relief of heartburn, acid reflux, GERD, and silent reflux. Here are some more suggestions:
• It is not necessary to chew the tablet into a fine paste. A quick 5 seconds to break up the tablet followed by some water to wash it down is all that is required.
• Never chew the tablet dry. Always chew it with water.
• It is ok to drink a full cup of water to make sure both tablets go down smoothly.
• It is normal for some product to stick to your teeth. It is the nature of the ingredients alginate and calcium when combined to be sticky. This means the product is working as intended. Just use a toothpick or toothbrush to remove the product from your teeth.
• You can take Refluxly after every meal (3x per day). It is perfectly safe to do so. The reason why we put on the label take only once a day was out of an abundance of caution for those people with potassium issues. In a very specific population of patients potassium intake needs to be monitored closely. In people with impaired urinary potassium excretion due to chronic kidney disease or the use of certain medications, such as ACE inhibitors or potassium-sparing diuretics, even dietary potassium intake below normal can cause hyperkalemia. Refluxly only contains 78mg of Potassium, which is 2% of the daily value. The majority of people with no conflicting health issues can ingest 2,000-3,000 mg of potassium daily with no problems.
• For those that are sensitive to it, please note that Refluxly contains sorbitol. This is the same low calorie sweetener used in sugar-free gum.